Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kaiser Continues Denial Processes

If there is one thing I have learned in being a mom of a child with disabilities, it is that the more persistent I am the more likely I am to get results. One public employee (of an unnamed agency) said, "you don't have to be a bitch!" and I replied, "you have trained me to be very assertive, when I am nice you take advantage of my good nature."

So with schools, Regional Center, MediCal as it is with Kaiser. Every one wants our monthly premium and tax dollar, no one wants to serve my child.

Kaiser responded to our complaint by noting that we discontinued our coverage as of October 1, 2009 and thus were no longer eligible. I am sure that they are trying to discourage me in hopes I go away.

THink again, you dirty rats!!

Thanks for the great comment and helpful suggestions!

Next steps:

Forward this to Disability Rights Advocates in hopes of joining a class action case
Contact my benefits manager at work as suggested and have a phone conference with Kaiser (big employer!)
Of course respond in writing that the patient was covered at the time of the denial
Request an Independent Review in the meantime.

I'll keep posting on this.

GRRRRrrrrrr. I hate having to always be the biggest dog in the dog fight.

Single payer might have its drawbacks, but I keep thinking, seriously, could it be any worse for my kid and the millions of uninsured and "uninsurable" citizens of our great nation?

Ok, enough ranting. For now.